St Luke's

The Mission Church of St Luke's, East Bierley, was built in 1861 at Copley Springs, but the site was too remote and it was rebuilt on the site of the present school at East Bierley. Until 1961, the building was a school during the week and a church on Sunday. In that year East Bierley Memorial Hall was converted into a church and village hall.

St Luke's, East Bierley was retained (after careful consideration). The church occupies a room downstairs, and the upper room is let for community activities.

The ministry there has grown, with monthly Prayer & Praise services, and in 2008 a weekly 9.00am Service of Holy Communion. Though money is spent on refurbishment, St Luke's now pays its own way.